Tuesday, June 05, 2012

An Introduction



She crossed her legs, seeking to protect what she’d come to barter. The cigarette remained unlit, a prop.

“What can I do for you?” I asked.

The way she shifted intrigued me more than her practiced pose.

“I won’t equivocate,” she started.

In the second taken up by her breathy pause I moved in, placed a finger over her lips, whispered her into silence. “You already have. You offer sex for information. With a look, I could have you under me. I may yet.”

Her eyes widened, only half in fear.

“Try a different approach.”

She lit the cigarette, coughed, and began telling her story, desperate to interest me in more than I wanted to take, but wanting me to take it anyway.  I never tire of the guileless young.  Pity most of them cannot remain either.

1 comment: